Skip to content. Skip to main navigation.
STEM Coordinator – Job Description
- Be knowledgeable of the Nova Awards Program
- Promote the Nova Awards program at Unit meetings to the Scouts and parents/leaders
- Help Scouts with ideas on how they can earn the Nova and Supernova awards
- Work with leaders (youth and adults) to add fun STEM activities to meetings and outings or STEM Moments
- Be aware of all STEM and Nova activities offered by local, regional and national Scouting organizations
- Be aware of STEM programs offered by local non-Scouting partner organizations.
- Connect youth with a Nova counselor or Supernova Mentor
- Be in contact with local council to see who is registered as Nova Counselors or Supernova Mentors
- Recruit Nova Counselors and Supernova Mentors as needed
- Ensure Nova Counselors and Supernova Mentors are properly registered and trained.
- Serve as the unit contact person for all things STEM related.